Grade 6 Cake Stall with a Christmas Twist
We are ready to accept Grade 6 Parent volunteers for the following roles and time slots on Fair Day, Friday 7th December :
Receipt and packaging of baked goods
8:30 – 10.30am
3 – 3.30pm
Stall decoration and set up
3pm – 4pm
5pm – 6pm
6pm – 7pm
7pm – 8pm
8pm – close
Please email your preferred time slot to email@example.com or put a comment on the Grade 6 Facebook page.
We would like to thank Ferguson Plarre for their generous donation to the cake stall this year. Their delicious vanilla slices will be available and we will also be having a cup cake stall with special BHPS Christmas Fair themed decorations!!
With only 3 days until the fair it’s time to finalise your baking plans! Goods can be dropped off to the gym from 8:30am – 10am or 3 – 3.30pm on the day of the fair.
If you are still looking for inspiration… maybe these easy snowflake meringues?
Snowflake meringues (makes 40)
2 very fresh eggs whites at room temperature
½ cup castor sugar
2 tablespoons hundreds and thousands
Icing sugar to dust over meringue
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper
- Preheat oven to 120°C
- Put egg whites into a bowl and beat with electric beater until soft peaks form
- Continue to beat and add sugar, one table spoon at a time until egg whites glossy and meringue peaks hold up till firm when beaters lifted out.
- Place teaspoons of mixture on trays with room allowed for spreading.
- Gently pull out peaks with a back of a spoon to resemble snowflakes
- Lightly sprinkle with hundreds and thousands
- Reduce temperature of oven to 100°C and place meringues in the oven for 45 mins. Turn off oven and leave in oven with door slightly ajar (use a wooden spoon to prop door open) to cool completely.
- Dust with icing sugar.