Cake Stall and Ride Tickets
Unlimited Ride Tickets
The ‘unlimited ride’ tickets are now available to purchase online. Visit http://www.ticketebo.com.au/bhpsunlimitedrideticket to buy your wristband. Tickets are only available through the portal or on the night of the fair. Tickets are $21 online or $25 on the night.
Grade 6 Cake Stall with a Christmas Twist
The fair is getting closer…have you decided what you might bake yet? A favourite creation or will you try something new? Cakes are always a big hit, so are batches of slices, brownies and biscuits – we can divide these up into smaller bags to sell. Ingredients labels, bags & plates are now available on the Fair table near the School Office. Your baked goods can be delivered to school on the morning of the fair.
Happy baking and remember the Xmas theme!
How easy is this Shortbread – you probably already have the 3 ingredients in your pantry!
250 g butter, softened
½ cup caster sugar
3 cups plain flour
- Preheat your oven to 160°C and line 2 trays with baking paper.
- Place the butter and sugar into the bowl of an electric mixer and mix on a medium speed for 5-7 minutes or until the mixture is light and creamy.
- Reduce the speed of the mixer to slow, and gradually add the flour 1/2 a cup at a time, mixing well after each addition. Mix for a further 30 seconds or until the mixture begins to resemble dough.
- Turn the mixture onto a lightly floured bench and gently bring it together to form a ball with your hands.
- Cut the shortbread dough in half. Wrap one piece in plastic wrap and pop it into the fridge until needed.
- Roll the dough until it’s approximately 5mm thick and use an 8cm cutter to shape the biscuits. Transfer the shortbread to the prepared baking trays. Repeat until you’ve used all the dough including the extra dough in the fridge.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are just beginning to turn golden.
- Carefully remove the shortbread from the oven and allow to cool on the baking trays for 15 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.